What is now known as the Royal Bank Building was built in 1937 by James Mervyn, with rough lumber from local sawmills and imported doors and windows. He had been contracted by Gene Binet, who built it for the Bank of Montreal. The Royal Bank took over the building in 1947 for 3-4 years, and then it was empty for many years. It is now the local office of the Yukon Environmental and Socio-Economic Assessment Board (YESAB).
The log building beside it was started by Alex Nicol, who intended to rent it to the Bank of Montreal, but it was never finished. In about 1950 construction was completed and it was the government liquor store for several years. It was also used as a classroom and library before becoming the meeting room for the Canadian Legion Hall - it is now known as the Legion Hall.