It is an Alutiiq village first reported in the 1880 U.S. Census as "Tatikhlek," with a population of 73. The present spelling was published in 1910 by the U.S. Geological Survey, who wrote that the village originally stood at the head of Gladhaugh Bay, but was moved to its present site. A post office was established in 1946.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development