By 1899, the village had become a supply depot and winter quarters for the Northern Commercial Company's riverboat fleet. The village was named for the Andrea family who settled here, and was originally called "Clear River." The family built a Russian Orthodox Church. A Catholic mission was established nearby in 1949. The surrounding area became the incorporated City of St. Mary's in 1967, although Andreafsky chose to remain separate. In 1980, the two communities combined.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development