To The Skagway, Alaska Museum
The building that now houses the Skagway Museum was built as a private college in 1899 of local granite. Public education was instituted in Alaska before the building was even completed, and the school closed after only three terms. It was sold to the feeral government in 1901 and served as the federal Court House from 1901 into the 1950s. Since 1961 it has been the home of the city offices and museum
This postcard is © 2003 by the Skagway Museum, and is copied with permission.