The History of
Alexander is located on the Susitna River Delta which flows into Cook Inlet, near the mouth of Alexander Creek, 27 miles northwest
of Anchorage across Cook Inlet. It lies at approximately 61° 25' N Latitude, 150° 35' W Longitude . The community is located in the
Anchorage Recording District. The area encompasses 57 sq. miles of land and 1 sq. miles of water.
The community was first noted as a small Indian village in 1898 by the U.S. Geological Survey.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development