Miners built the Petersville Road in the 1920s and federal homesteading began here in 1948. It is a local name, first reported in 1958 by the U.S. Geological Survey. The Parks Highway opened as far as Trapper Creek in 1967.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development