The History of Meadow Lakes
The community is located along Meadow Lakes, a 10-mile long lake between the Little Susitna River and the Alaska Railroad,
5 miles northwest of Wasilla off of the George Parks Highway. It lies at approximately 61° 37' N Latitude, 149° 38' W Longitude.
The community is located in the Palmer Recording District. The area encompasses 54 sq. miles of land and 3 sq. miles of water.
The local name was first reported in 1942 by AMS. The area was settled after a Department of Natural Resources land disposal.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development