Lime Village was named for the nearby limestone hills. The earliest recorded settlement was in 1907, when Paul, Evan and Zacar Constantinoff were year-round residents. People from nearby Lake Clark used the area for a summer fish camp. The 1939 U.S. Census called the settlement "Hungry Village." A Russian Orthodox chapel, Saints Constantine and Helen, was built in 1960. A state school was constructed in 1974.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development