It is an Eskimo village first listed in the 1880 Census as "Kalignak." The name is local, recorded by the U.S. Geological Survey in 1930. Since that time, the village has moved four miles downstream from the original site.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development