The History of Game Creek

Game Creek is on Chichagof Island in Southeast Alaska, 2.6 miles southwest of Hoonah. It lies at approximately 58 04' N Latitude, 135 28' W Longitude. The community is located in the Sitka Recording District. The area encompasses 5 sq. miles of land and 3 sq. miles of water.

Game Creek was named in 1901 by E.F. Dickins of the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey. Aside from the historical use of the area by local Tlingits, the site was first settled by non-Native members of the separatist religious group called "The Farm."


To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online


History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development