It was originally a mining camp established prior to 1905 near Ester Creek. It was first reported in 1908 by the U.S. Geological Survey. Ester Gold Camp was established in 1936. The community has grown as a result of Borough land lotteries.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development