The History of Clam Gulch
Located on the Kenai Peninsula, Clam Gulch lies on the Sterling Highway 24 miles south of the City of Kenai. It lies at approximately 60° 14' N Latitude, 151° 23' W Longitude
(Sec. 29, T002N, R012W, Seward Meridian). The community is located in the Kenai Recording District. The area encompasses 5 sq. miles of land and 5 sq. miles of water.
Reported in 1947 by Barnes and Cobb of the U.S. Geological Survey, it was named after the Clam Gulch ravine. A post office was established in 1950.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development