The History of Chase
Chase is located on the east bank of the Susitna River, 9 miles north of Talkeetna in the Mat-Su Borough. It lies at approximately 62° 27' N Latitude, 150° 06' W Longitude . The community is located in the Talkeetna Recording District. The area encompasses 36 sq. miles of land and 1 sq. miles of water.
The community was first named in 1922 as a railroad station at mile 236.2 of the Alaska Railroad.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development