This was a landing and riverboat woodyard, first reported in 1899 by R.L. Faris of the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey as "Konogkelyokamiut." The name "Bill Moore's Slough" was first noted in the 1961 Census. At that time, there were 32 persons living in the community.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development