According to the booket "
Forty Mile Ch'ëdä Dëk" (pdf, 1.9MB), there were 5 cemeteries around the community in the 1890s.
We have only had a brief look at the townsite, and have not gotten to any of the cemeteries yet. Wooden markers in the main half-acre cemetery, the only one on the heritage park maps, span the years between 1896 and 1915. About 30 meters west of the cemetery are 2 structures that may have been used to store bodies in the winter when the ground was frozen.
The Clinton Creek Historical Society maintained the cemetery in the 1970s, however only 6 of the 46 markers have legible inscriptions. The Yukon Order of Pioneers symbol is evident on 3 of them, those for Barney Hill, Joseph Navarro, and L. D. Stearns.
- DAY, Mrs. Mary (ca. 1868-1896)
- HILL, Barney (?-1896)
- NAVARRO, Joseph (?-1896)
- STEARNS, L. D. (?-1906)
- ANDERSON, Mary (ca. 1877-1912)
- PURDY, Homer and Ralph (1915-1915)